Monday 31 May 2010

Extravaganza #2

I'm back and refreshed! I've had to spend time with the family over the last 2 days after feeling very guilty for neglecting them recently, hence the delay in posting pcitures of how our event went. The preparations for our 2nd Extravaganza have been full on for weeks and my house now looks like a tip but it was all worthwhile. What a day we had on Saturday! Our 2nd event was much bigger than the last one with 48 ladies attending and we kept them busy all day long. Thank you to everyone who came along, Jen and I have worked really hard to make it a special event and from all the emails we've had, it certainly lived up to everyone's expectations. So would you like to see what we had planned for everyone? Ok, here goes...
Our theme this time was to go bold and bright. We'd decorated each table with brightly coloured buckets, paper flowers and ballons tied to the handles. Each attendee had a little birdhouse with some sweeties in, a name place and bottle of water. (I forgot to take pictures of these so I've shamelessly pinched this piccie of the birdhouse from Jen's blog.)

The tables looked fabulous with the balloons. As everyone arrived they were handed a little goodie pack. Thankfully we had helpers with us. I had Helen, one of my downline. And Jen had Maria. Thank you ladies for all you hard work, we really do appreciate it.

And then there were the projects - two in the morning and one in the afternoon.

These little Sweet Treat Stationery Holders were something I designed especially for the event. It holds a 3x3 post it note pad and paperclips in the treat cup, although as an alternative it could hold choccies.The second project was this beautiful box and mini card using the Very Vintage Wheel and Vintage Vogue - gorgeous!

And finally the afternoon project - a DVD case covered with paper from the Sweet Pea Paper Stack and 3 cards made using 'My Sweet Pea' stamp set. And because we like to spoil our ladies, they ALL had a 'My Sweet Pea' set to take home with them!

Because of the amount of ladies we had there were 2 colourways - Rose Red and Pretty in Pink or Taken with Teal and Pumpkin Pie. This project was given in a lovely decorated bag which again I didn't have chance to photograph - darn & drat.

For lunch there was a fantastic buffet made by Shirley and Sue (our dear mums) and what an amazing job they did. I didn't get chance to take a photo of the scrummy food either, but here's a piccie of them in the kitchen preparing the feast. And of course there were cakes baked by my MIL - our crafting events wouldn't be the same without them! We had prize patrol throughout the day - a firm favourite with everyone. And to finish a raffle.Sorry it's such a long post, and I had so many more photo's to show you too. But to finish I would like to add yet another thanks to everyone who came along and for all the praise and feedback we've received. To know you all appreciate it drives us on to planning the next one - oh gosh, did I just say that??

I hope you enjoyed a glimpse of our Event and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow Jo this looks absolutely amazing, I think Stampin Up better watch out....lol I only wish you were closer :( Fabulous projects!

Hugs
Vicki x

Aimes said...

OMG! What an amazing day! I soooooooo wished I lived closer to take advantage of all your hard work - I bet everyone had such a fabulous time!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jill said...

Oooh Jo what a great day you had and all those lovely goodies! Wish I had been there! Jill x

Teri said...

It was a fab day Jo! I loved it! Thank you again :o)

Teri xxx

Jo Austin said...

Absolutely Fantastic. Glad you had a really lovely day.. xx

Jo
www.joaustin.co.uk

Anne Jagger said...

You are so talented Jo. All your projects are amazing and so professionally presented - just stunning! I too wish that I lived nearer.
Next time you have one I shall have to arrange to stay with my sister who does actually live in Dorset!
Fabulous. x

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe

Congratulations on your very successful day - it all looked amazingly wonderful and as your best friend I am allowed to say everything you do is FABULOUS and I am sure every single one of the lucky ladies had a fantastic time and will rememmber it for years to come.

love and hugs K xxx

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh Jo, definitely not too many pics, I could sit and browse forever. Just loved reading this post and drooling over the pics. Wish I lived nearby so that I could have attended what looks to have been a fun session. Well done to all who worked so hard to put it all together. hugs Sharon

Cath said...

Hi Jo, we had a truly fabulous, fantastic day and I love your photos. You and Jenny are so talented and everything was perfect down to the very last and tiniest detail. The projects were great and I love them all. Far, far too good to give away (teehee), and you never seem to run out of ideas.

Janette said...

Hi Jo,
It was a fab day, everything was just perfect.Loved the tables and projects attention to detail amazing.
So glad I live where I do :)
Hugs
Janette x

Dawn said...

Looks fabulous Jo, you can easily tell which one is your mum.
The lady in th green top.

Julie Spencer said...

Hi Jo
Just got to Switzerland and have internet here. Thank you again for a great ddnesday, loved all the projects and the time and effort you and Jen put in is totally appreciated. Fantastic day and can't wait for the next one!! See you next Wednesday eve at the crop.