Saturday 24 January 2009

Origami Box

I got a little side tracked last night as I was going to be making some cards using the 'True Friend ' set. Instead I made one of these origami boxes from the instructions over on Splitcoaststampers.

I've made plain origami boxes with lids before so I knew what folds I had to do and it only took a few mins to put together. The cover for the box on these latest ones that everyone is making finishes it off beautifully though, and much better I think. It gives it that 'extra special' something. The papers are Close to Cocoa DSP and Tea and Crumpets so the colours are Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Choc Chip and Real Red. The stamp set is 'Yummy' one of the exclusive Free sets in the Sale-a-bration offer. It's a simple but beautiful set and what I really like is I can use my markers to highlight different parts of the stamp or to just ink up one part like I've done here.

Sale-a-bration is ongoing until 28th February and if you'd like one of these sets they come free with every £45 spent.

Anyway, must go and walk the dog now...

Have a good one!

Jo :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely box!

Kate Lewis said...

Stunning Jo - so elegant and beautifuly made! I must try one of these boxes now! Love the papers too - gorgeous! K x

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Jo - this is great - I love the elegance of it. I have seen these a lot recently and keep telling myself I have to make one and believe that this is the week to do it. TFS !!!!

Stephanie said...

Really beautiful Jo - I'm dead impressed :) x

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe

This is just lovely - really pretty indeed. You are so clever.

What lovely thing would you put inside it I wonder.

K x

Saxo Stamper said...

Jobe, glad to hear you are better, steam those sinuses girl!

I hope we can catch up real soon

x

Unknown said...

Wow! Jo. This box is just gorgeous. Ange :)

PS I have nominated you for a 'Butterfly Award'