Sunday 31 January 2010

What a Day!

OMG, what a fantastic day Jenny and I had yesterday!
We had 28 ladies attend our first Stampin'Up! Extravaganza which we've been planning since Convention. Jen and I shared a room together when we went last November and one night we stayed awake till 1pm planning this event. So the day finally arrived and it couldn't of gone better. We were a bit strapped for time with setting up but once done I quickly wizzed round and took a few pictures before the doors opened.
We had Registration at 9.45am. Here's the registration table where the attendees were handed a welcome pack.

Each table had a number and everyone a name place, decorated water bottle with a little pouch and some chocolate, there was a very clever box (made by Jen) filled with sweets on every table along with biscuits, decorated tissue box. Everything was co-ordinated. Here's one of the tables set up ready. And one of the place settings...We had two projects in the morning, Jen's class was using 'A Good Egg' which everyone made a stepper card and a treat bag. It's soooo sweet! I've not made this myself yet but I see Jen's put the instuctions on her blog so I'm having a go at that in the week. And my project was using 'Love you Much'. A card/mini album. Everyone worked really hard in the morning, we had no breaks although they could all stop and grab a coffee or tea as and when they liked. My mum and Jen's mum were our saviours in helping out for the day in the kitchen, making sure everyone was well fed and watered. We couldn't of done it without them, and also I musn't forget a special mention to my MIL who very kindly baked for us all to enjoy. She wasn't there but anyone who has been to my open house will know how wonderful her baking is - that's probably why I find it so hard to diet! lol

For lunch everone was given a decorated bag (co-ordinated of course) with their lunch in, but unfortunately I didn't get chance to take a photo, darn! I can assure you they did look lovely though. And then it was onto the afternoon project which we had a little surprise for everyone. Here's the project with a different colour family for each table. Bold Brights... Earth Elements... Rich Regals... Soft Subtles.... And the special surprise??? Only Jen and I knew about this so imagine the reaction when Jen and I announced that we forgotten the 'On a Pedestal' stamp set, only for us to find sets hiding under the table for everyone!!! I think that was the pinnacle of the day, seeing the delight on everyones faces.

Through the day we had other surprises too. Whilst at Convention we had 'Prize Patrol' so we thought we have our own version using the Sale-a-bration sets. As peoples names were called they had to stand up and shout 'I'm a Winner!' cheesy I know but it all added to the fun of the day. We also had fantastic raffle prizes.

So there you go, that was our very memorable Stampin'Up! Extravaganza. Thank you to everyone who came along and we're so pleased you all enjoyed yourselves. We've had so many wonderful emails to say what a great time you had and that's the important part for us - that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Jen and I are planning another so if you live local or even driving distance and would like to come along to our next event, email me at jodumbleton@aol.co.uk and as soon as we have the details we'll let you know.

I'll leave you with some photos of our ladies beavering away at their projects. Tfl,

Jo:)

11 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Aww it all looks fantastic ladies, I wish i was there. Wonderful projects but what else to expect from one of the two best crafters out there? Hugs xx

Janette said...

Brilliant day Jo and the whole day was special I couldnt really pick one moment from another !!
Thanks....roll on the next one
Hugs
Janette x

Sam said...

you certainly look as though you all had a fabulous day!! Where was this? Am I close enough to attend the next one - if they're that much fun then I might try and get to the next one!! ;-)

Aimes said...

What a day! Super duper organisation with lots of fun by the looks of it! Now when you say driving distance....I wonder if Sheffield would count?! ;D
x

Anne Jagger said...

It looks fantastic Jo, I do wish I lived nearer......... so envious of all your lucky ladies. Anne x

Emma said...

WOW ladies - you totally rocked the Stampin' Up! world. What an awesome day you planned - those ladies must have had the best time.

A huge congratualtions on putting on a fabulous show ;D

Unknown said...

Congratulations ! You did a fabulous job ! Kisses

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe, so thrilled it all went so well, looks like everyone had a fantastic time and lots of lovely treats etc.

K x

Victoria said...

wow looks and sounds fantastic, well done
Victoria
x

Anonymous said...

Just wish I still lived in Dorset (I used to live in Broadstone, Poole). Looks like you had a lot of fun and the projects are amazing.
Chris x

Kate Lewis said...

Oh Jo, it looks like you had the most fabulous day - WISH I could have been there. So many amazing projects - you both must have worked so hard! I really hope to make it to the next one :) Hope to catch up soon! Hugs Kate xx