Wednesday 1 February 2012

Fresh Vintage '3 for 1'

I tend to get a little overwhelmed when we get a new catalogue with lots of new stamps & accessories. I LOVE IT ALL and WANT IT ALL but when I have it in my mitts I just don't know what to use first and I end up going back to my old faithful stamp sets that I know I can use over and over. So it takes me a little more time to mull over the new before my creative juices kick in and I can start using it.

I loved the Sale-a-bration set Fresh Vintage  the moment I saw it at Convention back in November, and even though I orderd it on pre-order in December it hadn't quite made a permanent spot on my craft desk. Until now that is....
I've referred to this as a '3 for 1' in the title because it's the same card but done 3 times by adding 1, 2 then  3 colours.

This first one is with just Pool Party - very monochromatic.
Out of the New 2011-2013 In Colours Island Indigo is one I've not used before. Not sure why, it's very much like 'Taken with Teal' which has now retired and I loved that, but now I've teamed it with Pool Party I really like it.
And the last card I added Lucky Limeade. I've coloured the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers to give that 2-colour effect on the image.
And finally here's a picture of my pretty little stand that I bought on Saturday. Isn't it cute?!
So that's me for today. I'm 'trying' to have a marathon clean and tidy of my craft room. Don't think I'll finish that today!

See ya soon!


5 comments:

Karen K said...

Jobe

These are just gorgeous.....

Love them all

K x

Margaret said...

They're all gorgeous Jo. Hope you got your 'cleaning & tidying' done!
Margaret x

Jane said...

Hi Jo, today's cards are stunning. thanks for sharing xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful set of cards. Love it in the different colour combos. x

Annette J. said...

I love your 3 for 1 idea! I would have a hard time choosing the one I like best.