Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Did you get a Valentine's card today? I didn't but I know my hubs loves me loads anyway. I would never complain I didn't get anything because when he does send a card he really puts a lot of thought into the one he chooses. The words are always appropriate and he never fails to melt my heart. The same with pressies - his choice in jewellery for me is amazing. He even chose my engagement and eternity ring for me which I couldn't of chosen better myself.

Despite not getting a card (I may still get one later) I did make a special one for him. Nothing too slushy though just a simple black and red card with embossing to give a touch of class.
The swirl is from Everything Eleanor and it's heat embossed onto black card with black embossing powder. The heart I cut freehand and then used the Dotted Scallop punch to create a decorative edge around the heart. A sparing couple of pieces of the twinkling red glitter paper finished the card off perfectly with some matching real red satin ribbon.
Hubs loved his card and that's what's great about crafting. It was a handmade Birthday card that first got me hooked onto this amazing hobby and the fact it was specially made just for me made it extra special.

Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

Aileen said...

Ooh very sexy! Looks brill Jo, love your hand cut heart and the trimming around the edge is perfect. My hubby likes the cartoon funny style so he got owls!! x

Karen K said...

Beautiful Jobe - it's so elegant and love the colours xx