Wednesday 13 April 2011

Is it a Plane?

Last month I went to a Stampin' Up! Regional Training Event at Fareham which was just before the launch of the Mini Catalogue. I love these events - we get to meet up with Demo's from other areas, swap samples, win prizes, learn lots of new techniques and business ideas as well as hear all about new exciting things coming in the world of SU! At this particular training session it was about the Mini and as you can imagine, we were very excited - we hadn't seen the Mini up until this point. Anyway, there was lots of new samples on the boards using Mini products but one particular card stood out for me using 'Plane & Simple'. I took lots of photos of all the samples and of course I had to re-create this one. My version is almost to the exact original which had a french sentiment. I've no idea who made it but isn't it a beauty?!?! At first I couldn't work out where the map paper had come from but it's in the Newspaper DSP on the reverse of the music sheet. A bit of colourwashing to give it a bit of ageing, a few torn bits plus that wonderful colour sprizter and it was easy.

I'm really pleased SU! have introduced more masculine sets this time. With a house full of boys I think they'd appreciate something like this instead of hearts & flowers which is what they get now, whether they like it or not...he hee.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jo

2 comments:

Alex said...

Love this! You did a great job with this card Jo.

Hope you're well and enjoying the Easter break.

Alex

Unknown said...

I love it well done you, may just have a go at it myself. Nicky