Thursday 7 April 2011

Easter Bonnet

I promise this will be the last post (for now) on the Flower Daisy #2 Die. I really do need to get back to some stamping despite my lovely Big Shot luring me all the time.
Ok, so here's my creation I made at the weekend. With all the lovely Easter bits and bobs in the shops right now, I knew I wanted to make a bonnet. I wasn't going to go so mad on the daisies but once I got going I couldn't stop! They were all glued on with a hot gun by the way. For the tutorial on how I put them together with stems, please see my post below here.
the back

the front

I've also used the scallop edge punch to create texture round the edge of the bonnet.

Right, that's me for a few days now. I'm flat out with prep for Sunday. If you're in the Dorset and surrounding areas this Sunday 10th April, please pop in to Haskins Garden Centre, Ferndown and say hello. We've stack loads of samples on our display boards, a very cute Make & Take, Big Shot Demonstrations and a fantastic Raffle with loads of prizes which have been donated. First prize is over £100 worth of Stampin' Up products and that's just for starters! ALL the profits from the day will be going to Langside School and we hope to make them a sizeable donation at the end of it.

Haskins have a wonderful Restaurant where you can park the husband (they do a scumptious tea and cake - tried and test by myself), there's a play area outside for the kids, what more could you ask for.

Hope to see you there!

Jo

9 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fabulous! Love it

Ali x

Mary said...

Great Easter Bonnet love it to bits. Hope to come along and see your display on Sunday.

simplyfairies said...

Oh gosh this is super, very posh indeedy!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hello Jo,
I haven't visited you for AGES and have been having a lovely browse. How fantastic are these dies!!! I shall have to save my pennies.
Beautiful work from you as always.
Lesley x

Dawn said...

It is fabulous Jo, are you going to wear it your your fundraiser:)

Ann Wills said...

Wow Jo, this is amazing

Kirsteen said...

Jo!
This is stunning!
The page opened and my jaw dropped!
GORGEOUS!!!

Lorraine said...

Wow great bonnet.

Good luck at Haskins Garden Centre, hope you raise loads

Margaret said...

WOW Jo this is absolutely stunning! Just ordered my die and can't wait for it to come. Hope you had a good day and raised lots of money
Margaret x