Thursday 10 November 2011

Twinkling Christmas Birdhouses

Inspired by an entry from Ally at Octobers Team Training Day here,  I've made this birdhouse display using the Milk Carton Die from Stampin' Up! The vellum as the window is perfect to give that diffused light from the battery tea lights inside. Boy do they twinkle! The roof is made from the Top Note Die, cut in half and overlapped - this isn't my idea, another very talented demonstrator Joanne Gelnar gave me this idea. The roof is then embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, and the stamp set is 'Pines & Poinsettas.


Apologies for the very dull photography - the days are so dark it's a real struggle to get a good photo at the mo.

Thanks for all the lovely comments on yesterdays Tissue Holders. I'll have more to show you soon.

Jo

6 comments:

Scrapcomber said...

Another lovely idea, this die is so versatile. Well recommended.

Barbara said...

Very festive!

Rosemary said...

Cute

Stephanie said...

These are fabulous Jo, as are the Tissue Holders below :) I'm struggling with decent photo's too - I think there's only a 20 minute window during the day where there's any light lol Thanks you for your lovely comment, I got the marshmallows from here http://www.craftcompany.co.uk/mini-mini-marshallows-by-dr-oetker-18g.html but I'm pretty certain that the larger supermarkets stock them too. I made the boxes from 1 sheet of A4 & some accetate - it's a basic box measuring 9cm x 14cm x 3.5cm. Hope you're well, love Steph xxx

Aquarius said...

These are brilliant - I'm off to have a go at something similar so thanks for the idea

ally fiddy said...

Lovely little houses Jo!