Sunday 6 November 2011

Stampin' Up! Timeless Portrait Fabric Project

When I was at school, many moons ago, one of my favourite subjects was Needlework. I love sewing -always have done and always will, and I don't know why I didn't take a up a carreer in Home Furnishings to be honest.

Yesterday whilst having my daily fix of Pinterest I found a blog with a FREE pattern for a little handbag. Jake and I were doing a bit of baking at the time so while the muffins were in the oven  I downloaded and set to work. Needless to say by bed time and all the other things that were going on yesterday I had completed my project.

Would you like to see?

TIMELESS PORTRAIT FABRIC BAG


Where the strap is attached I've added a Vintage Brad.
And another Vintage Brad to the centre of the fabric rosette.
The bag secures together with a magnetic snap.

And as you can see it's all nicely lined with an inside pocket as well.

I so love this bag and once the party is over tonight the sewing machine is coming back out again.

The blog for this clever and generous lady that created this pattern can be found here. You can make one for FREE with her pattern but if you wish to make lots and sell them she asks you buy the pattern and the licence to sell.

Right, I really must do some cleaning!

See you soon!

Jo

7 comments:

ateliersdeval said...

Very very beautiful, Bravo !!!
See you soon (in Disneyland ?)
Val

Katherine said...

Wow Jo! I'm impressed, can I have one? K x

Margaret said...

Wow Jo this is FAB!!! I so envy you being able to sew, I can just about manage to sew a button on :0)
Margaret x

Julie said...

That is superb Jo, love the colours together and the flower details! Are you taking it to Convention?
Julie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jo
what a yummy bag! can i ask did you add wadding between the layers or not please? i want to have a go but dont have any wadding at home atm!
many thanks and enjoy convention! xx

SarahLP said...

Fabulous bag, Jo.. and thank you for sharing the blog with the free template! Will have to try that one.

I'm half way through a bag using a Cath Kidston template.. seeing yours is inspiring me to get mine finished at last.. :o)

Aileen said...

Wow your bag is fabulous. I bought some fabric to show at workshops but have no idea what to make with it! x